UMBC is introducing new tuition benefits for select graduate programs for students living out-of-state. Our goal is to provide a new regional graduate tuition rate so that people like you can earn their graduate degree from UMBC and receive in-state tuition rates, while living over the Maryland line. UMBC is focused on accessibility and affordability. See the listing below for participating programs.
Maryland tuition rates will be applicable to students living in DC, Delaware, and select counties in Virginia and Pennsylvania starting fall 2017. U.S. citizens and permanent residents only will qualify. Any resident of the District of Columbia or Delaware is eligible. For Pennsylvania, the rate applies to residents of Adams, York, and Lancaster counties. For Northern Virginia, the rate applies to residents of Arlington, Clarke, Culpeper, Fairfax, Fauquier, Loudoun, Prince William, Rappahannock, Spotsylvania, Stafford, and Warren counties and the cities of Alexandria, Fairfax, Falls Church, Fredericksburg, Manassas, and Manassas Park.
- Cybersecurity at Shady Grove
- Data Science
- Engineering Management
- Entrepreneurship, Innovation & Leadership (Starting Spring 2018)
- Geographic Information Systems
- Health Information Technology
- Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- Instructional Systems Development
- Integrated Product Development & Manufacturing
- Project Management
- Systems Engineering
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- Technical Management
Note: The regional tuition rate cannot be applied retroactively or to any semester prior to August 2017.